Monday 18 February 2013

Swanson Wedding Dress - The Beautiful Izzy

Our Swanson bow back dress in a real wedding and looking breathtakingly Hollywood.

Laura (the amazing photographer) recently dropped off some prints from the wedding she shot late last year. We shared the gorgeous bride Izzy, I made the dress and thankfully Laura took the photos.

'Who is your wedding photographer?' is one of the first questions I ask at consultations, I like my dresses and the people wearing them to be captured beautifully. I know they can be expensive but they really are worth being paid for all the hours they will spend on your photographs. Take out the fluff from your wedding and all you really need is some friends and a photographer to capture a meaningful day.

I am so grateful to Izzy for looking completely stunning (she says she doesn't look like this really, but she does!) and to Laura for capturing Izzy looking exactly how I wanted, showing off her likeness to the blonde bombshells of 1950s Hollywood.

Izzy chose the Swanson dress and opted for a dark ivory shade of silk duchess satin. A rhinestone belt was made to match her strappy rhinestone shoes and the hair stylist found a beautiful glistening vintage trim to wrap around Izzy's platinum blonde locks.
I love the marabou feathers surrounding the bouquet and Olivia's (Izzy's Daughter) matching cape.

We also made Olivia's blue lace and silk organza bridesmaids dress which she helped me design with a sweetheart under bodice and silver glitter stars on a belt to match her sequinned converse pumps. The two looked fabulous together!

LAURA MICHELLE PHOTOGRAPHY

LAURA MICHELLE PHOTOGRAPHY

LAURA MICHELLE PHOTOGRAPHY

LAURA MICHELLE PHOTOGRAPHY

LAURA MICHELLE PHOTOGRAPHY 

This image is officially my most favourite photograph of a bride, she looks like a film star surrounded by fans at a premier in the 1950s. I just adore it. This image to me is exactly why you want a good photographer who knows just how to make people naturally beautiful. To see more gorgeous photos of Izzy and her wedding visit Laura's Blog here.