Wednesday 21 November 2012

Caroline and her dress ......


Caroline first came to me last year looking for a bespoke wedding dress. I immediately wanted to make her dress within seconds of meeting and when I closed the door to the studio I kept my fingers crossed that this better than Audrey Hepburn lookalike would be wearing my dress on her big day.

So lucky me, it turned out good! I worked on the designs with Caroline so that we could have a dress that not only looked spectacular on the day but could be worn again. As we speak I am just finishing a blue lace over dress for her Christmas party.

This post is going to have to span a few weeks long as there is so much to show you. The first pictures are of the engagement shoot which made it to the Times engagement section with my tie dye and black lace dress. How society!

Times Newspaper - Photography by Assassynation 


The initial sketches for Caroline's dress 
 Here is the first design of the dress and the development pictures. The dress was made from silks from Caroline's very local supplier in Gloucester, Beckford Silks. They dye all of our silks in Gloucester and are a brilliant company who print, dye and make sure all our silks are top quality.


One of the fittings at the studio.

So we had a few fittings at Caroline's Mums house and at the studio, it was always so lovely to see her twirling around whilst I pinned and gave my usual critical glare over the dress. (this isn't ever me glaring it you it's me checking the dress is just right!) Caroline couldn't have been a better bride to work with, always positive, gorgeously ladylike and wonderfully relaxed whilst knowing exactly what she wanted. It's also a great help having a super lovely family and friends to bring along too.







 And this is what the dress looked liked in the end ..........................  silk duchess satin, silver lace removable jacket and a huge detachable bow.  There will be lots of photos of the wedding coming up soon, after I share the bridesmaids dresses. xxx