Monday 6 August 2012

Shimmering Silver and Poppin' Purple Wedding Dress


I love, love, love receiving surprise photos in my in box from customers sharing their wedding snaps. When customers simply order from the online shop I don't know all the ins and outs of their wedding, we haven't spent hours discussing the wedding, the colours, the styling etc here at the studio and I have no idea what they look like.

So these are always the best surprises when I get the photos. This is the lovely Michelle and new husband Devender from Charleston in the US of A in her silver Sarah Jane dress and violet underskirts. The colour combo works so well with this silver that always picks up the shade next to it and sets the tone of the dress. It's quite magical.

I love that Michelle wore the Vivienne Westwood Lady Dragon's and that fabulous floral cascading necklace that matches with her gorgeous tattoos.

This dress is one that I always wonder how it will be worn, it's designed to be off the shoulders but some people like them fixed in place and others off the shoulder, others on. With lots of boning in the bodice for support the straps are allowed to seductively fall off the shoulder every now and again teetering just on the tips and showing off that wonderful neckline. It's definitely my favourite neckline shape and Michelle wears it brilliantly.

Congratulations to Michelle and Devender! xxx

Dress: Sarah Jane by Alexandra King
Shoes: Vivienne Westwood