Friday 19 August 2011

Poppy Dress






Ok, this week has been super super hectic, it's the end of the main UK wedding season and my little fingers have been hard at stitching lace, buttons and hems in preparation for my last brides of this year.  Anna, my wonderful intern Dice and my Mum have all been conscripted in to help. At the same time all the new brides are visiting, emailing and gathering ideas for next year which is so exciting. Will there be time to think about Christmas cocktail dresses?

I have been itching to show you this dress I recently finished for a US customer as I just love the big bold poppy print and the amazing fifties late Summer feel it has. You should have seen my delight when the fabric arrived, scarily bursting out of the envelope but full or saturated colour and a perfect weight. I'm so happy with the outcome, the fitted bodice and hips graduating to the poufy gathered and netted skirt. Huge love for this dress, I may just have to make another one!