Thursday 14 October 2010

LBD with a collar




A new little black cocktail dress in taffeta with a detachable collar. 
I really like the idea of interchangeable collars at the moment. This is probably thanks to Miu Miu, my box of vintage collars and the fact that I've sold the entire collection of collars i've previously made. About time I made some more! So I am now in the middle of making a small range to go with the all important little black dress. So far we have a ballet pink peter pan collar with stitching and centre bow tie. 

I did think about making 'days of the week' collars? Not with the days written on or anything like that, just a collection of seven interchangeable collars. I do like fun accessories, I'm not too much a of a jewellery fan unless it's a statement piece, so a collar works just fine. Need to try with a simple T-shirt next for everyday use. 

The dress again has a 50's inspired cut with a full skirt, nets and a fitted bodice. This is slightly different from the organic cotton dress as this has cutaway shoulders, a higher neckline and nets shaped to give an extra full bloom silhouette to the skirt.

Dress - black taffeta with cotton edging and cut away shoulders. Lined with nets attached.
Collar - ballet pink taffeta with ribbon stitching and satin bow tie