Tuesday 22 November 2011

New party dresses!

 We had a day of shooting the new party dresses in leopard, lace and a fabulous vintage red print yesterday. The super gorgeous Kimberly Louise Hill modelled for us and looked fabulous in each of our dresses, she also bought along an awesome shoe selection. 


I love the length of our longest lace cocktail dress, it reminds me of early Twenties full skirted evening dresses with the full bell skirt to the calf and the scalloped lace hem.
This is the new corded lace which is beautiful and a great weight similar to the old corded lace. Laid over the charcoal grey it looks stunning in the off, faded black tone. This will be in the boutique soon available made to order to your size.




Lovely fabulous leopard print. This is one of my little obsessions, along with crepe and lace that I keep searching for. The perfect leopard print, I found it in this bengaline fabric but now can't source any more which is always the case when I hoard fabrics for years.
This little leopard lady is a one off. The shoes were my wedding shoes in pony skin leopard!


Kim wore a vintage style Osprey silk cravat in her hair which gave some added colour pop to the little red border dress, she looks like a J H Lynch painting here, gorgeously kitsch and you can imagine her dancing in a jazz club in Harlem or in West Side Story. This fabric was an American Etsy find with a bold red and navy screen printed hem. Wish I had some more!


This one will be available made to order, a soft heavy lace draped over a ballet pink taffeta. The bodice as a 'sqeeze me tight fit' and sits just on the tips of the shoulder. Perfect with a sweep in red lipstick and killer Mary Janes.


'THE' black lace I have be coveting and the one I have been inundated with emails about. I had just enough of this lace to make two dresses and this is one of them which is a one of a kind and has a sheer lace Edwardian influenced panel in the centre.

These dresses will be coming up very soon to the boutique and a couple will also be available made to order. As always the vintage prints are one of a kind so keep your eyes peeled!

Model: Kimberley Lousie Hill
Hair and Make Up: Kimberley Louise Hill
Photography : Alexandra King and Anna Vickery

Shoes: Topshop and Models Own
Dresses: Alexandra King