Saturday 22 January 2011


A new grey plaid check picnic dress made with a full circle skirt and ribbon detailing at the hem. As we worked on this dress the skirt reminded me of the skirts we used to wear in ballet for character dances with swirling ribbons at the hem.
Nets give support to the full circle and a velvet bow finished the dress at the empire line.

I've been busy working on stripe designs from vintage fabrics I've collected together. 1950s sun dresses and 1940s deco chevrons have been springing to mind. Plus an order of fashion books (Vera Wang, Prada, OrlaKeily Pattern and some great technical skills books) have arrived for me to study away over the evenings. 
Anna has been creating some stunning full length bridesmaids dresses that look fit for Grecian goddesses. Watching her work in the studio is fascinating with her attention to detail and precision and fine craftsmanship. I always learn something new!