Tuesday 24 May 2016

Best Dressed Of Cannes 2016

As the 2016 Cannes film festival draws to a close this weekend, we take a look at our favourite gowns and styling from the red carpet.

All images from Vogue.


Demure Dressing

I love the dressed down glamour of Canne, the luxurious fabrics in mini dress form mixing casual with formal. I've picked these as some of my favourites, the sequin stripes, the flapper style detailing with ostrich trims and embellished hems and the mixing heavy knits with chiffon's.


Florals

Summer always calls for florals and these are pure golden age style from Kirsten Dunst in Gucci's sequin embellished 1930s inspired gown to Ralf and Russo's stunning 1950s inspired gowns with full billowing skirts. I love the bare necklines and sleek hair leaving space for the dress.


Helen Mirren

This lady is always a fabulous red carpet dresser giving inspiration and hope to designers like me who believe that women can look stunning at any age. If I here the words "I'm too old to wear a lovely dress like that" one more time! Sleeves are sheer and necklines plunging with gorgeous embellishment and fitted waists.


Yellow

There is a great article on Vogue.co.uk about wearing yellow and with the right shade everyone can look beautiful in it. I love Kirsten Dunst's Dior day dress, Amal Clooney's draped chiffon gown by Versace and the knock out hourglass chiffon dress worn by Jessica Chastain design by Armani.  


This is my absolute favourite dress and look from Canne 2016. Cheryl wearing a gown designed by Naeem Khan. I love the colours of the exquisite embroidery, the cut and her whole look showing off the dress to perfection.