Tuesday 11 June 2013

Any Brides For Cricket?



These fabulous photos arrived in my in box yesterday along with such a lovely message from our Bride Abby who was married just a few weeks ago.

From the moment I first saw Abby at a wedding fair in Bristol I knew I wanted to make her dress. Tall, beautiful beyond words, great style and a gorgeous manner.

Abby wanted to be comfortable all day and loved the late fifties / sixties style of dresses. The heavy corded lace layered over a textured silk under dress with a full skirt gave the right level of prettiness without being too delicate against her lustrous locks and patent heels.
Styled with vintage finds, her veil was 1960s,  shoes in a pale mint green and a candy pink Cadillac as transport.

Here's an extract from the lovely email ...

"The dress felt amazing to wear, I played cricket in it, it was incredibly comfy and I danced until midnight. I had lots of comments on it all day .................. and best of all it really captured the mood of the wedding! 
The whole experience of meeting you, coming down to the studio and seeing the dress from sketches to the final dress was really inspiring!"

I love that Abby played what looks to be a proper game of cricket in her dress, just how it should be!

PHOTOGRAPHY BY JULIAN JAMES