Sunday 20 January 2013

Purple Lace Reception Dress ...



Ishita's pink and golden woven silk wedding Sari was just stunning. Photography By Lisa Jane.
Photography by Lisa Jane
Photography by Lisa Jane Photography
Early last year Ishita came to me for a reception party dress for the evening of her wedding. I love it when a client actually inspires me and is able to teach me something. Ishita had just got back for an incredible trip to India and told me all about the beautiful textile printers, taught me all about Sari's (which is going to be a big project for me this Summer) and bought me some stunning fabrics to make dresses for her with. (which will be another post)

We decided on a rich vibrant purple, the colour is so popping with violets! The design to be a lace and tulle prom dress and ballerina length. This length really works as it's still easy to manoeuvre like the shorter knee length styles but looks oh so elegant and when you are lucky enough to be tall it's the perfect dress length.
So the dress was built on silk foundations with a sweetheart bodice and the purple slightly lighter tone tulle was layered up for the skirt. This lighter tone purple showed the fine leavers lace detailing on top with a higher contrast and faded to the hem. The bodice was then hand pleated (this is my favourite part of the draping technique) and stitched in place.

And WoW didn't Ishita just look so stunning in her dress, I love the rich reds of the garland and of course the sparkling glitter shoes! Beautiful. xxx

BEAUTIFUL PHOTOGRAPHY BY LISA JANE - WE RECOMMEND THIS LADY! CLICK HERE FOR HER WEBSITE.