Sunday 22 May 2011

Vintage Bridesmaids Dresses

I'm very excited to show you these two bridesmaids dress commissions we have just completed,  both with a 1950s theme but two very different looks. 
The first is a brilliantly summery collection of halter neck fifties swing dresses with full circle skirts and blue silk pleated belts to match the blue tulle underskirts. Made in a Tanya Whelan print fabric chosen by the bride The matching flower girl dress Anna made is just adorable with the pretty ruffle hem.  I have already seen a sneak peek and one maid in her dress and they look fabulous! 



The second are a sophisticated cocktail style in a beautiful cafe tulle and lace that we sourced on our trip to Singapore. (I'm still kicking myself for not buying twenty more metres of that tulle as the colour is gorgeous, I could only fit enough for these dresses in my suitcase!) Again Anna produced the prettiest flower girl dress to match, complete with dusky pink bow.